Cath’s Chicken Curry (serves 4)
I love this recipe! So creamy and tasty and yet only 250 calories! I prepare this and pop it in the oven before walking the dog and dinner is ready on my return! Freezes beautifully too! Put in the freezer in individual portions. Great for when you need something quick and easy!
Values per serving
Vitamin K (mcg) 8
Protein (g) 24.8
Calories (kcal) 250
Fat (g) 8.5
To make you will need
2 chicken breasts
2 medium onions
1 small kohlrabi (can use celeriac)
1 tbsp. coconut butter
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp. flaxseeds (optional)
2 tbsp. mango chutney
50ml half fat crème fraiche
salt + pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into chunks.
- Chop the onions and cut the kohlrabi into 1cm cubes.
- Melt the coconut butter in an oven proof pan or casserole.
- Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and kohlrabi and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and chicken and stir for a minute until everything is coated.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and water and bring gently to the boil stirring all the time. Season to taste.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 40 minutes at 170°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- 5 minutes before the cooking time is up stir in the flaxseeds (if using) and the mango chutney. Return to the oven to finish cooking.
- Remove from the oven and stir through the half fat crème fraiche.
- Serve immediately.